Reinvent Fashion Show Competition
Research sustainable fashion, then design and construct one outfit using second hand garments to remake a one off original. The outfit should be ladieswear approximately size 10 (model size). Designers will be required to model their own creations or provide an amateur model for the Reinvent Fashion Show.
Submit online one a photograph of your design board to include the following
- Original sketches
- Fabric and trim swatches
- Evidence of theme images and colour palette
- Photographs of the design process, from the beginning to the finished garment, include before and after photographs
Submit online a written paragraph giving details of (No More than 200 words)
- Your research
- How your design promotes sustainable fashion
- Your theme and inspiration
Open to transition, fifth and sixth year students and FETAC colleges. To participate, students must register online, submitting one design board photograph and a written paragraph. To enter, email email@example.com no later than 5.30pm on 1st of March 2013. Registered students will be invited to demonstrate their submissions at the Reinvent Fashion Show, held in Griffith College Dublin on March 12th, 2012.
Top of the Range Sewing Machine (and Vouchers from Hickeys Fabrics for runners up). Finalists of the Reinvent Fashion Show are invited to have their winning outfits professionally modelled at the annual GCD Graduate Fashion Show, when the overall winner will be announced.
What we're looking for...
All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Finished design board(s) with original sketches, fabric and trim swathes. Also include theme images and colour story. We need to see your garments before and after, so include photographs especially the process as your creation evolves. Your design board should show evidence of research, creativity and originality in the design.
- A written paragraph giving details of your inspiration, highlighting the reason or story behind your design should accompany your board.
Your outfit must be created with clean second hand garments in good condition and/or clean second hand cloth. All garments must be safe to wear. Please ensure the following
1. To enter students must email firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.30pm on 1st of March 2013.
2. A design board showing before and after photographs will be brought to the Reinvent Fashion Show in Griffith College on March 12th and put on display for the judges.
3. All garment closures work and are sturdy.
4. All garments are clean and pressed.
5. No sharp edges on any part of the garment, especially on the inside.
6. Outfit to be hung securely on a sturdy hanger.
7. Accessories may or may not be used.
8. Student entrant number (you will receive this from GCD) and student name must be clearly displayed on both the hanger and safely secured on the inside of each item of clothing and accessories. (Safety pins maybe helpful)
- To enter students must register by emailing email@example.com before 5.30pm on 1st of March 2013.
- Entrants must be registered as FETAC, Transition, Fifth or Sixth Year students under 23 years of age. Both individual entries and group (3 people max.) entries will be accepted.
- Entrants to the competition will exhibit their work at the Reinvent Fashion Show in Griffith College on March 12th, 2013. Entrants must model their own outfit or provide their own model. The original design board showing before and after photographs will be put on display for the judges.
- Entrants must supply full details as required by the entry form and comply with all rules to be considered eligible as a possible finalist. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- The judges will not enter into correspondence with regard to their decisions which will be final.
- Griffith College will not be liable for loss of or damage to entries, however caused.
- Employees of Griffith College and persons directly related to them may not enter the competition.
- All entrants agree to be bound by the rules of the competition and failure on the part of any entrant to adhere to any or all of these rules will render the entry in question invalid.
- Griffith College reserves the right to change a prize specification if it is necessary to do so at the conclusion of this competition.
- Please note that by entering the Reinvent Fashion Award, you grant Griffith College the right to publish your entries online or in any other media as it sees fit.
- Griffith College reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage or change any of the rules or procedure if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
The winner will be announced on the 12th of March 2013 at the end of the event.