Course Overview Accreditation Griffith College Dublin (GCD) Duration 10 Weeks x 1 Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm) Requirements Mature Students (Over 23) & Appropriate work experience Apply Directly to the Corporate Training Department here
The course is aimed at those who have basic or advanced pattern cutting skills, it will appeal to those who are currently working in, or studying fashion design and manufacturing who wish to gain hands on experience in a leading edge fashion industry application.
This course will enable the student to apply existing manual pattern drafting skills in the latest in CAD technology using Lectra Modaris Model V6 software to improve and streamline the garment design and production process.
- Understand the CAD pattern drafting system and its application in industry
- Use menus & system functions
- Develop cross over skills from manual pattern drafting
- Use a digitising table to input patterns
- Create and modify blocks on screen
- Create and modify patterns
- Create style variations and files
- Understand the production workflow
Upon completion, applicants may also elect to pursue further studies in this area.
To apply you can simply complete the registration form and return back to us before the course commences, if you are applying to the college as a mature student (over 23) you will be offered a place on the course based on your maturity. If you are under 23 you will need to send me a copy of your leaving cert results with your application form.
Please ensure that you return the relevant documents when applying for the course to the following address: Griffith Corporate Training, South Circular Road, Dublin 8 or alternatively via email.
- Registration Form - include all details, contact phone numbers email address etc.
- One Passport Photo to accompany your registration form.
Contact the Corporate Training Dept. here.