Course Overview Validation HETAC Framework Level Level 6 Higher Certificate CAO Code GC 440 Requirements 5D3s (Ord) to include a language and Maths. Duration 2 years Full time and Part time Apply Through the CAO or directly at www.gcd.ie/apply
This course prepares students for a wide range of software development opportunities in both Irish and multinational companies.
This degree programme aims to develop the skills and competencies required for the effective design of software systems. The course introduces students to a broad range of problem solving techniques, all of which are directly applicable to the range of IT problems that arise in commercial settings. Students have the opportunity to work in teams as well as on solo projects.
Year / Semester Software Development Computer Systems Business Solutions & Design Foundations 1/I & 1/II Computer Programming Computer Hardware,
I.T. in Society,
Business Information Systems
Foundations of Computing 2/I Object Oriented Development Relational Databases Systems Analysis and Design Probability and Statistics 2/II Data Structures, Algorithms and Complexity Operating System Design Web Development Linear Algebra
On completion of the Level 6 Higher Certificate, students may progress onto a range of Level 7 & 8 programmes on the National Qualifications Framework.
Further study options at Griffith College include a Level 7 BSc in Computing Science (HETAC) and a Level 8 BSc (Hons) in Computing Science (HETAC). Level 6 graduates may transfer directly onto Year 2 of either of these degree programmes.
With a Level 6 qualification, students will be ideally positioned to succeed as part of a business software development team or in the management of IT departments. Students will be able to select and apply appropriate techniques to specific development projects and identify a wide range of techniques for software development.
Progressing your qualification to Level 7 or Level 8 will facilitate increased work as assistant software project leaders, computer technology consultants, MIS (Management Information Systems) personnel, software engineers, systems analysts, applications programmers etc. across a wide range of industry sectors.
Fill out the application form here.
Send a copy of your degree, CV and a copy of your photo ID by email .
Our Admissions Team will endeavour to contact you within 10 working days if you are successful in gaining a place.
Proceed to register to the course & cover your fees online or by bank draft
Come to the Induction week & meet new friends... its time to start your future
For Undergraduate courses:
- Full time Applicants under 23 years of age should apply through CAO.
- Mature applicants for full time or part time and applicants under 23 years of age for part time should apply directly to Griffith College.
- International applicants should also apply directly.
- For further information on the correct application procedure for you, please contact the Admissions Office for more details.
For Postgraduate courses:
- Postgraduate applicants may apply directly to Griffith College before 31st August each year. Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their undergraduate degree final results for entry. Griffith College welcomes applications from those who do not meet the academic requirements but who have extensive industry experience. For such applications, an additional interview will be required. Contact the Admissions Office for more details.