Validation HETAC Framework Level Level 6 Certificate Course Code GC475 Requirements 5 OD3s (Ord) to include a language Duration 1 year full-time or part-time Apply Apply directly
This Certificate course is offered on a one year full-time basis or on a part-time basis, the first time this level of study has been offered in this format in Ireland.
Griffith College's Faculty of Journalism and Media has 15 years' experience in providing industry standard photographic education.
The delivery of award winning courses has gained us an enviable reputation in the Irish photographic industry. Our graduates are now working in the field in all spheres of photographic practice and we have long enjoyed the support of our colleagues in the Irish Professional Photographers' Association.
In addition, Griffith students have dominated the photographic categories in the national sMedia awards since 2005. Most recently in 2011 & 2012, Griffith College photographers have scooped "Photographer of the Year", "News Photographer of the Year "and "TV Production of the year". Antonina Zharko won Photographer of the Year in her first year on the programme; we wish her every success for the next two years on the degree.
Course Subjects (Full and Part-time) Practical Photography Camera skills, Film Processing, B&W Printing, Exposure Measurement, 2D Design Elements, Seeing in Colour, Following and Proposing Briefs Photographic Techniques I Camera and Lens Choice, Camera and Lens Use, Exposure Control, Film Choice, B&W Film Processing, The B&W Darkroom, Critical Visual Awareness Ways of Seeing Notes on the Gaze, Psychology of Vision, Image Analysis, De-Mystification of Art Research and Writing Skills Writing and Speech, Writing Organisation, Syntax and sentence structure, Types of writing, Research Methods Applied Photography Black and White Art Photography, The Art of Colour Photography, The Photo-essay, Free Project Photographic Techniques II Studio Lighting I, Studio Lighting II, Advanced B&W Printing, Large Format Photography Digital Photography The Digital Image, The Scanner, Output Devices, Digital Cameras, Software History of Art & Photography Appraisal of the history of photography and art, photography within the visual arts, including film, critical and analytical appraisal of photography
Further to completion of the Certificate in Digital Photography, learners are recommended to continue their studies by applying for our BA in Photographic Media Level 7 (HETAC) programme part-time or full-time
Fill out the application form here.
Send a copy of your degree, CV and a copy of your photo ID by email .
Our Admissions Team will endeavour to contact you within 10 working days if you are successful in gaining a place.
Proceed to register for the course & cover your fees online or by bank draft
Come to the Induction week & meet new friends... it's time to start your future
For Undergraduate courses:
- Full-time Applicants under 23 years of age should apply through CAO.
- Mature applicants for full-time or part-time courses and applicants under 23 years of age for part-time courses should apply directly to Griffith College.
- International applicants should also apply directly.
- For further information on the correct application procedure for you, please contact the Admissions Office for more details.
For Postgraduate courses:
- Postgraduate applicants may apply directly to Griffith College before 31st August each year. Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their undergraduate degree final results for entry. Griffith College welcomes applications from those who do not meet the academic requirements but who have extensive industry experience. For such applications, an additional interview will be required. Contact the Admissions Office for more details.