Course Overview Accreditation Griffith College Dublin (GCD) Duration 10 Weeks x 1 Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm) Requirements Mature Students (Over 23) & Appropriate work experience Apply Directly to the Corporate Training Department here
This course is aimed at those who have a keen interest in fashion design and will also appeal to those who are currently working in or studying fashion design and wish to gain useful hands on experience in a leading edge graphic design programme.
This course will enable the student to apply their design skills into vector based graphics to improve and streamline their garment and textile designs and increase productivity and accuracy.
Having completed this course the student will be able to:
- Understand the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator and it's application within the fashion industry
- Understand the terminology, menu locations & system functions
- Identify and appreciate the cross over skills from freehand drawing to vector graphics
- Create presentation boards, story boards, colour and fabric cards
- Design textile prints and render fabrics
- Create detailed and accurate technical drawings to industry standard
- Quickly render drawings with colour and fabric patterns
- Use type
- Achieve competency in using Adobe Illustrator
- Save files and send art work to print
Upon completion, applicants may also elect to pursue further studies in this area.
To apply you can simply complete the registration form and return back to us before the course commences, if you are applying to the college as a mature student (over 23) you will be offered a place on the course based on your maturity. If you are under 23 you will need to send me a copy of your leaving cert results with your application form.
Please ensure that you return the relevant documents when applying for the course to the following address: Griffith Corporate Training, South Circular Road, Dublin 8 or alternatively via email.
- Registration Form - include all details, contact phone numbers email address etc.
- One Passport Photo to accompany your registration form.
Contact the Corporate Training Dept. here.