Course Overview Accreditation Griffith College Dublin (GCD) Duration 10 Weeks x 1 Evening (6.30pm – 9.30pm) Requirements Mature Students (Over 23) & Appropriate work experience Apply Directly to the Griffith Short Courses Department here
This course is aimed at those who have a keen interest in fashion design and will also appeal to those who are currently working in or studying fashion design and wish to gain useful hands on experience in a leading edge graphic design programme.
This course will enable the student to apply their design skills into vector based graphics to improve and streamline their garment and textile designs and increase productivity and accuracy.
Having completed this course the student will be able to:
- Understand the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator and it's application within the fashion industry
- Understand the terminology, menu locations & system functions
- Identify and appreciate the cross over skills from freehand drawing to vector graphics
- Create presentation boards, story boards, colour and fabric cards
- Design textile prints and render fabrics
- Create detailed and accurate technical drawings to industry standard
- Quickly render drawings with colour and fabric patterns
- Use type
- Achieve competency in using Adobe Illustrator
- Save files and send art work to print
Upon completion, applicants may also elect to pursue further studies in this area.
To apply you can simply fill out our registration form.
If you are applying to the college as a mature student (over 23) you will be offered a place on the course based on your maturity and we will also require a copy of your passport or driving licence with your registration form. If you are under 23 we will require a copy of your leaving certificate results together with a copy of your passport or driving licence with your registration form.
Please return all the relevant documents when applying for the course to Griffith College Short Courses Department. You can scan and email to: email@example.com or post to: Griffith College Short Courses Department, Griffith College, South Circular Road, Dublin 8.
- Registration Form - include all details, contact phone numbers email address etc.
- One Passport Photo to accompany your registration form.